The vast majority of masks have rubber that goes around the ears. Instead, they develop face masks that use ties that tie behind the head and neck. People even buy face masks with ties for sale pieces to relieve the elastic pressure on the ears of elastic face mask wearers. Ears are fragile and not built or used to constant pressure for hours.
Issues with face masks with ties
The main disadvantage of tie-dye face masks with ties is that they take a minute to put on. It would be best if you tied your tie behind your head. So if you need to put on and remove the mask quickly or often, that’s a problem. In this case, we lower the mask and put it back on, keeping it tied the whole time. Additionally, if you tie and untie them repeatedly, the ties can get a little damaged over time.
Benefits of face mask with ties
However face masks with ties have three big advantages:
1. Everyone can tighten the mask to their liking.
2. The ties do not press on the ears, and you can wear the face mask with the ties comfortably for a long time.
3. It is possible to adjust the tension of the upper and lower tie separately. So you can tighten the mask around the nose or lose it around it regardless of what you do around the chin or mouth.
Two tricks for masks with ties
The first trick for face masks with ties is to make sure the top ties rest on your ears. This way, the mask will stay high without tightening the ties. The second trick is to twist the face mask around your head if you need to look at the knots and sometimes get out of a tight-knot situation.
The pro tips for making face masks with ties at home!
Here are recommendations for materials/design of homemade face masks with ties to save money
A. Mask design
1. The optimal Fabric is a single-layer cotton blend t-shirt material (newer shirts, unworn or torn.)
2. The second choice for Fabric is quilted cotton.
3. Pre-wash the material before sewing.
4. Head loop or ear loop is prefer over ties, as ties can get tangled in the laundry.
5. face masks with ties can be sewn if elastic is not available.
6. Medium or large-size masks are needed.
7. Use the additional sewing directions include in the PDF pattern.
The size of elastic you need for face masks with ties.
You must need things for face masks with ties like Fabric, about ½ yard for 2-3 masks. Elastic band, approximately ¼ inch wide. You can use elastic hair bands. Head loops are preferred to achieve a tighter fit; If making ear loops, make two, each about 8 inches long. Or use an elastic hair clip/stones to these lengths. If you don’t have a rubber band, you can use ties. Some commercial laundries may not accept bonds payable to tangle during the washing process. Make four ties (2 top edges, two bottom edges), and each should be about 16 inches long. Or you can make two long ties with one on each side. This tie should be about 36 inches long, measured from the sewing point to the side of the mask. Extends approximately 16″ from each top and bottom edge of the mask.
Fabrics to Use For Face Masks With Ties
Cotton is the most preferred Fabric to use in making these masks. It is a super breathable fabric, and it is recommended to use pure cotton as much as possible. Of course, depending on availability, you can also use a mixture of cotton and other fabrics. Change it up with different colors and patterns to create stylish tie face masks for you and your friends. If you don’t have time to buy Fabric to make masks at home, don’t worry. Simply recycle an old fabric in your home, like a cotton handkerchief or kurta, and make one with adjustable ties. Not only do you get a cotton face mask that’s easy to use, but it’s also stylish.